The Gulf Stream and trade winds maintain a temperature range of 68-86°F during the day, and 62-70°F at night, year round. Water temperature ranges from 73°F to 82°F.
Catch the spirit in Nassau, the heart and hub of the Bahamas since the days of the legendary pirate Blackbeard. Drenched in history, the city seduces visitors with its tropical splendor combined with glamorous shopping, gourmet dining and lively nightlife. Visit in late December and you can join in the festivities of Junkanoo, with traditional street parades and all night parties, where you can dance until dawn to local music punctuated by cowbells, watch elaborate floats, and see costumes created by tiny shreds of colourful crepe paper.
- Relax on the internationally celebrated sugar-white sands of Cable Beach.
- Wander the charming Straw Market downtown and shop for local art and handcrafted wares.
- Let the friendly casino staff deal you an evening of fun.
Just across the bridge is the international glitz and glamour of Paradise Island. With shimmering sea, sparkling beaches and upscale shopping, it is no wonder this beautiful spot has become the travel destination for celebrities and jet setters.
- Families can also get in on the fun with an aquarium boasting the largest marine environment outside of Mother Nature and all-inclusive resorts that let everyone enjoy their stay in Paradise.
- Golf at the famous Ocean Club, with awe-inspiring vistas from almost every hole, or wander down to Marina Village to gaze at all the luxury yachts.
- Paradise Island is pedestrian-friendly. Looking for the comforts of home? Walk through the many outdoor shopping areas and you’ll see familiar stores and restaurants to meet every budget.
Learn more about Nassau here.