Hot tropical climate. The temperature varies little throughout the year. The average temperature in the winter is 73°F, and 85°F in the summer.
The Island of Enchantment
Rich in history and full of natural wonders, enchanting Puerto Rico has it all. World-class resorts, championship golf, 300 miles of shoreline, fabulous shops, fine dining and a nightlife that sizzles with glitzy nightclubs and casinos. Take time to visit some of Puerto Rico’s countless ecological and historic sites.
- Tour Old San Juan, the oldest city in the U.S., and the historic town of Ponce.
- Roam the ramparts of the 400-year-old forts at San Felipe del Morro and San Cristobal. Explore tunnels, underground vaults and ancient spiral staircases where Spanish soldiers protected their families against enemy invasions.
- Nature lovers shouldn’t miss El Yunque Rainforest, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Park Service. Discover 28,000 acres of lush tropical forest, unique flora and fauna, and a myriad of brooks and waterfalls.
- Visit the Riu Camuy Cave System Park and descend into the depths of a million year old cave. Three crater-like sinkholes and two caves of the huge system are open to explore.
- Follow nature’s trail at Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Preserve. Experience almost every major tropical habitat unique to the island.